Keep your business and employees protected

Whether you’re a company of one or have a dozen employees, chances are you use some type of vehicle in the course of your work.

Business Auto Insurance is something to consider even if your work doesn’t specifically involve trucks, vans or trailers. If you or an employee have a serious accident driving a personal vehicle on company business – visiting a client, picking up office supplies – or driving a company-titled vehicle to or from work, the company is liable for any damage caused. In fact the injured party can sue the driver personally and your company.

What level of business auto coverage do you need?

Local expertise and experience from Rural Mutual experts

Local Rural Mutual Insurance agents can help you determine what level of commercial auto coverage you need, based on what vehicles you have and how they are used in your work, such as:

  • Does is make financial sense to carry full coverage only for your newer vehicles and liability policies for the older vehicles you use in your work?
  • What’s the recommended dollar amount of coverage you need for a home-based business for which vehicle use is incidental vs. a small business that needs vehicles to carry out its work, such as a landscaping firm?

Rural Mutual's Focus on Business Auto Insurance

Rural Mutual Agent, Jenni Zinda-Mancl talks with Heartland Farms about their exceptional claims experience with Rural Mutual.

Explore our Business Auto Insurance Coverage Options

Talk to an agent for more details on the following Business Auto Insurance coverage options

There are three types of vehicle liability insurance that the state of Wisconsin requires businesses to carry, plus other coverages to consider.

Bodily Injury Liability

This covers claims from people injured by your vehicle. It is one o f the coverages required by Wisconsin.

Property Damage Liability

Covers damage your vehicle causes to another car or other property, such as a fence or wall. It is also required by Wisconsin.

Uninsured Motorist

Covers bodily injuries you or other occupants of your vehicle get when hit by an uninsured motorist, and is also required by Wisconsin.

Underinsured Motorist

Covers bodily injuries to you and other people in your car if it is struck by an underinsured motorist, i.e. one that carries only minimal levels of insurance.

Collision Coverage

Reimburses you for damage to your vehicle if it collides with another car or object, even if you are at fault.

Comprehensive Coverage

Protects you if your vehicle is damaged due to a broad variety of hazards other than a collision, such as theft, fire, falling objects, hail, flooding, etc.

*This page is intended to highlight the features and benefits of our Business Auto Insurance. For a detailed description of exact coverages, limitations and exclusions, please refer to the policy.

Workers' Compensation Insurance

Wisconsin Strong is choosing an insurance partner that helps business owners and employees manage workplace injury claims so that everyone wins. If you have three or more employees, or pay wages of more than $500 in any quarter of the year, Wisconsin law requires that you carry Worker’s Compensation insurance.