Identity thieves steal mail, skim credit cards, hack into ATMs and rummage through garbage in the search for their next victim. In the blink of an eye, criminals misuse bits and pieces of your personal information to obtain fraudulent credit and make unauthorized purchases.
No matter what stage you are in life, your identity will always be a prime target for thieves—you may not be aware of it, but the different stages of life put you at risk for different types of identity theft.
- For those under 18 – children often have just the right combination for identity thieves: a Social Security number and clean, or nonexistent credit.
- In your 20s – new jobs, new apartments, maybe even a new spouse. It’s easy to lose sight of your identity amid the flurry of fun.
- In your 30s and 40s – kids, mortgages, car payments. There’s never been so much as stake.
- In your 50s – Empty nesting, a taste of freedom…and college tuition. Just when things seem to be settling down, new responsibilities—and risks—kick in.
- In your 60s and up – whether it’s time for early retirement or running after the grandkids, these can be special years.
During any stage of life our personal fraud specialists will guide you through the proactive and resolution process—no matter what your identity issue is—until your problem is fully resolved and your peace of mind is restored.