We are excited to have Dallas Johnson on our Rural Mutual team as the new Application Developer of Information Services. Dallas had a strong interest in working with computers since 6th grade which led him to school at Northern Michigan University with a degree in Computer Science. Dallas is located in the home office in Madison, WI.
Learn more about Dallas:
- Where are you from? I lived in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula since 7th grade. Most people assume I’m a “Yooper”, but I’m actually a Wyomingite! I was born and grew up in Rock Springs, Wyoming but family heritage and history brought me to Michigan.
- Tell us something we don’t know? I can do fire twirling by setting two ends of a stick on fire and spinning it with other sticks in my hands.
- Why are you excited about working at Rural Mutual? When it comes to insurance, I don’t typically think of local and hometown but that’s what drew me to Rural Mutual. Growing up living in small towns where everybody knew everybody shows a sense of community that I find pride in. Wisconsin has that hometown feeling to me. Working at Rural Mutual, I feel a strong connection to what we do for the communities of Wisconsin.
- What’s in your coffee? Caffeine, and a lot of it.
- What did you want to grow up to be when you were a kid? I wanted to be a Forensic Scientist, thanks to Forensic Files!
Welcome, Dallas. Rural Mutual is happy to have your experience and expertise on our team!
Want to work for Rural Mutual? We are hiring. Click here to learn more and apply online to work at Madison’s Best Places to Work.