Does My Business Need Workers’ Compensation Insurance?

What is Workers’ Compensation?

In the event of an unforeseen accident there’s a lot at stake for everyone involved. Who is going to pay for the medical bills if a worker is injured on the job? What type of financial hardship will this cause them or you? Do you want to deal with this issue or would you rather have an expert handle it? A workers’ compensation policy is one of the most important coverages you can provide for your workers.

Workers’ compensation Insurance provides compensation for an employee’s medical bills, partial payment of lost wages, or rehabilitation, if they are injured on the job. In turn, it restricts injured employees or their family members from suing the employer due to injuries sustained at work.

Know the signs of workers’ compensation fraud to protect your business.

When do I need Workers’ Compensation for my business?

If you have three or more employees or pay wages of more than $500 in any quarter of the year, Wisconsin law requires that you carry workers’ compensation insurance. Carrying a policy is not only the law for employers but it makes sense.

There is workers’ compensation for businesses and workers’ compensation for farms. In regards to farm employment, any person engaged in farming who has employed six or more employees on twenty or more days during a calendar year is required to carry workers’ compensation insurance.

Nurse Hotline Makes Workers’ Compensation Easy

As a valuable benefit of Workers’ Compensation coverage through Rural Mutual,  we offer the Rural Mutual 24/7 nurse hotline. Registered nurses can offer advice on the appropriate level of care immediately after an accident occurs. This helps reduce the number of emergency room or urgent care claims filed, while still providing expert medical advice.

At Rural Mutual Insurance, our highly experienced adjusters will walk you and the employee through the process step-by-step. From investigating the claim, to determining compensation,  to effectively managing the disability and medical treatments of the employee. We also help you avoid complications before they become problems. With our safety and loss prevention services team, we will help your business reduce the potential for injuries, illnesses and property losses.

Contact a local Rural Mutual agent to learn how Workers’ Compensation can protect your business if an employee is injured on the job.

More Insurance Questions…

I Own a Home-Based Business, Do I Need Insurance? Learn more… 

How do I Keeping My Business Insurance Affordable? Find out here. 

What affects my home and auto insurance rates? Click here to find out.